Types of Physicals: Separations, (Retirement, Chapters, ETS), Commissioning, Schools, Confinement, Periodic Health Assessments (PHA), Flight Physicals
Physical Exam Hours
Training and Federal Holidays: Closed
Main number for appointments: (337) 531-2579
Alternate numbers: (337) 531-3527, 0289, 0345
Aviation Medicine appointments: (337) 531-2579
Alternate numbers: (337) 531-2579, 0289, 0345
TO CANCEL AN APPOINTMENT AFTER DUTY HOURS: (337) 531-3011, Option 2
Physical Exam Procedure
Physical Exams are done in 2 phases:
PHASE 1 - Forms are issued to fill out; labs and sometimes x-rays are ordered as applicable therefore come fasting with no food for the past 10-12 hours. Please note you may drink plain water. Vision testing is done as applicable and if you wear eyewear please bring them with you. Hearing testing is done at the SRP site. A copy is provided to the service member and must be delivered to the Physical Exam personnel staff. During Phase 1 height, weight, vital signs are obtained. All permanent profiles must be in E-Profile prior to Phase 2 appointment. The physical exam clinic does not issue profiles.
PHASE 2 – Before Phase 2 appointments are scheduled all lab results must be completed with a result along with completion of hearing and vision testing. During phase 2 exam all Service Members are to wear PT uniform and arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment. All labs and x-rays must be completed PRIOR to your Phase 2 physical; if incomplete you must reschedule your Phase 2 appointment.
Physical Exam Forms
• Fill in Section l boxes 1-18, sign box 19a, date box 19b
• Section ll – Do not complete Section ll boxes 20-25, these are for the health care
• Complete boxes 1-9, box 5 may be stamped per clinic staff
• Boxes 10-28 must be completed (y/n). Any yes answers must be explained in box #29.
If additional space is needed, you may use page 3. If page 3 is not needed for
additional space, only complete your full name and social security number in the
• Box 1 – provider to complete the date of the exam
• Boxes 2-15, please provide accurate contact numbers where indicated
• Be sure to complete your full name and social security number on the front and back
of all pages
• Boxes 17-87 are to be completed by staff and the Health Care Provider ONLY
• This is the Hepatitis C screening form, please circle yes or no indicating whether or not
you wish to be screened for Hepatitis C and write your name in the identification box
NOTE: All physical exams will require all the forms, except schools and commissioning
exams do not require the DD 2697 and DA 4700
All Chapter separations MUST present with a Chapter memo and an Escort.
PHA (Periodic Health Assessment)
PHA’s are done in 2 phases:
PHASE 1 - All PHA’s MUST have their member online portion completed (see instructions below) prior to the part 2 appointment. Blood pressure and vision is completed on all PHA’ Phase 1 appointments of all ages. Service members over 40 are required to have an annual EKG. A blood test (Lipid Panel) will be ordered according to specific criteria.
PHASE 2 – In the event the online portion is not completed the appointment must be rescheduled.
Instructions for Online Periodic Health Assessment Completion:
1. Log into your AKO
2. Click on MY MEDICAL READINESS
3. Click on PERIODIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT (PHA)
4. Open PHA
5. Fill, verify, and save the information in your Demographics
6. Continue, Allergies, Overall Health, Current Health, Preventive Health, Behavioral
Health, and Family History
7. Click Save at the bottom right hand corner each time you complete a tab
(IF YOU DON’T SAVE EVERYTHING WILL BE LOST)
8. Do not enter information in evaluation (MEDICAL PERSONNEL ONLY)
9. After completing the form, DO NOT PRINT. Call physical exam at 531-2579 and make
appointment to see the provider to complete the form.
PHYSICAL EXAM PROCESSING AND PROCEDURES
Copies of completed exams may be picked up at the Physical Exam Clinic within 10-14 working days between the hours of 0800-1450.
All Chapter Exams are picked up by the escorting personnel between the hours of 0800-1450.
No refills or initiation of prescriptions are done at this clinic.
The physical exam clinic does not issue profiles.
BJACH Call Center
Open 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
"Closed Federal Holidays
and most Training Holidays"
BJACH Cancellation Line
337-531-3011 Option #2