Location: The Department of Pathology (Laboratory) is located on the second floor of the main hospital building (Bldg. 285), on the right side of the outpatient entrance.
Hours of Operation:
1. Sick-call and physical support is Monday through Friday from 0630 - 0800 (Limited to Active Duty Military Only).
2. Normal duty hours are Monday through Friday from 0800 - 1630. All specimens will be processed during these hours, and phlebotomy service is available for ambulatory patients.
3. On weekends, holidays, and after normal duty hours, the laboratory operates with a reduced staff to support the wards and the Emergency Room. A pathologist is on-call for emergency support.
Administrative Assistant: 531-3407
The Department of Pathology is divided into three major services:
1. Anatomic Pathology; which includes surgical pathology, limited cytology, and autopsy pathology support.
2. Clinical Pathology; which includes phlebotomy, clinical chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, serology, and clinical microbiology.
3. Transfusion Services
The Department of Pathology is organized under the Deputy Commander for Clinical Services (DCCS), and offers in-house and reference laboratory services in anatomical and clinical pathology. Our staff consists of certified and licensed laboratory professionals to include Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLT), and board certified Pathologist.
We are a DoD registered laboratory (CLIP # 71459-01), and maintain accreditation through the College of American Pathologists (CAP # 20164-01). CAP represents the highest standard in pathology and laboratory medicine. The transfusion service is registered with the Food and Drug Administration for the storage of blood and blood products, and is accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (REG # 2377702).
Forms are available on the Intranet Site
BJACH Call Center
Open 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
"Closed Federal Holidays
and most Training Holidays"
BJACH Cancellation Line
337-531-3011 Option #2