ER staff cannot give medical advice over the phone.
"Provide Quality, compassionate and Accessible Healthcare to Soldiers, Families, Retirees, and our Community"
We are a 12-bed Level III Emergency Department that supports 28,000 beneficiaries and 60,000 rotational soldiers, the Joint Readiness Training Center and Fort Polk, with an average monthly census of 2,000 patients.
If you feel that you have a true medical emergency: Call 911 for an ambulance.
Upon Arrival To The ER
The Emergency Room (ER) can be confusing and frustrating at times when you or your loved one is dealing with the unexpected. Rest assured, that the ER staff is here for you. We will do everything necessary to address your questions and concerns.
Listed below are items that you will need to bring or know to assist us in providing the best care for you:
• Identification and Other Health Insurance (OHI) cards to show eligibility of care.
• List of medications you are currently taking or bring the medications with you.
• Know or list any allergies and/or significant medical conditions you may have.
• Someone to drive you home in the event medications are given that affect your ability to drive.
Every patient is important to us
• Every patient entering the ER must be triaged or screened. The triage nurse is the first health professional you will meet. We use the ESI (Emergency Severity Index) system to assist us in classifying the severity of the illness or the potential for worsening symptoms.
• All patients are given a triage category from 1 to 5, with 1 being most severe and 5 being the least severe. Categories are based on severity and resources needed. Critically ill or injured patients are always seen first regardless of the manner or time of arrival.
Waiting To Be Treated
• Your care is very important to us. We will always do our best to minimize the time spent in the waiting room. As soon as possible, you will be called and taken to a room in the ER or Triage-and-Treat area for an appropriate evaluation and treatment of your condition.
• If you feel your status has changed, please speak with the triage nurse for further evaluation.
• You may be asked to provide a urine sample or visit radiology for x-ray imaging to expedite your care.
Discharge and Follow-up Care
• If your problem does not require hospital admission, you will be discharged from the Emergency Department.
• Please read and keep the written instructions detailing home and follow-up care given and explained to you by a health care professional.
• You may receive a follow-up referral or prescription for medication. Appropriate actions to facilitate either will be explained by a health care professional. The Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital pharmacy is located on the second floor.
• Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that you may have.
• Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital is a military treatment facility and only provides care to eligible beneficiaries as defined by federal law.
If you are not a beneficiary of military health care, or do not present an emergency medical condition, you will not receive medical care at this facility.
BJACH Call Center
Open 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
"Closed Federal Holidays
and most Training Holidays"
After Hour Medical Advice Line
BJACH Cancellation Line
337-531-3011 Option #2
Appointments can also be made and cancelled (only TOL appts. can be cancelled through TOL) online through Tricare Online (requires registration)
Behavioral Health : 531-3922
Child Day Care : 531-3871
Dental Clinic : 531-3729
EENT : 531-3277
EFMP : 531-3046
Family Practice : 531-3011
F.P. Cancellation : 531-3011 opt #2
Immunizations/Allergies : 531-3593
Internal Medicine : 531-3991
OB/GYN : 531-3705
Ortho/Podiatry : 531-3427
Pediatrics : 531-3682
Physical Exams : 531-2579
Surgery : 531-3971
Benefits Advisor : 531-3974/3892
Emergency Room : 531-3368
Immunizations : 531-3593
Information Desk : 531-3118/3119
Toll Free : 1-800-752-4658
Laboratory : 531-3400
Managed Care : 531-3627 (Referrals)
Occupational Therapy : 531-3305
Outpatient Pharmacy : 531-8090
Patient Advocate : 531-3628/3880
Pharmacy Refills : 531-DRUG (3784)
Physical Therapy : 531-3203
Radiology : 531-3376
Social Work Services : 531-3272
TRICARE : 1-800-444-5445 (Humana)
Hours of Operation
Mon: 0800 to 1800
Tues thru Fri: 0730 to 1800
Sat: 0830 to 1230
Training Holidays: 0730 to 1600
Sun and Holidays: Closed
Click for Online Refills
or call 531-DRUG